Postdoctoral position open in Luigi Naldini's lab
A junior Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available at San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy (SR-Tiget) in Milan in the Targeted Cancer Gene Therapy Unit headed by Prof. Luigi Naldini and supervised by dr. Nadia Coltella (Project Leader). The successful candidate will work on a project focused on the development of new experimental mouse solid tumor models to assess the safety and efficacy of gene-therapy mediated conditional and local delivery of immune-modulatory cytokines in the tumor microenvironment. She/He will also exploit combination therapies with immune-modulatory cytokines and immune checkpoint blockers, CAR-T cell therapy and chemotherapy in enhancing effective anti-tumor responses in relevant pre-clinical mouse models.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented candidate with a strong background in cancer biology.
- Master’s Degree in biology, biotechnology or related fields and Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Molecular Medicine or Immunology, or Medical Doctorate with laboratory research experience.
- Previous experience in oncology research is preferred, background in immunology is considered an advantage.
- At least one firstauthor publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
- Required technical skills: mouse handling, cellular and molecular biology techniques including manipulation of primary cells, extraction of DNA, RNA, quantitative PCR.
- Desirable technical skills: flow cytometry.
- Capacity to work in team and meet deadlines, excellent communication and multitasking skills.
- Oral and written command of the English language is a must.
Salary will be competitive at international level and based on qualification and experience.
The successful candidate will be involved in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative research environment with a strong emphasis on the development of novel cell and gene therapy strategies for human disease. The host institution is one of the leading research institutes in Italy, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructures (Next Generation Sequencing, Cell Sorting and Imaging, Animal Facilities, GLP laboratories), direct access to clinically relevant human samples and involved in several first-in-human gene therapy trial.
Applications should be submitted by September 30th, 2018 to Prof Luigi Naldini and Dr. Nadia Coltella (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) and should include a CV with a list of publications, a research statement, a cover letter and contact information of at least 2 referees.