The mission of IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele's Grants Office is to support the scientific community both in the pre-award and in the post-award phase of grant applications.
Our first goal is to assist scientists in preparing the best possible proposal, both by contributing to the proposal development and by taking care of the administrative burden of the project’s submission. Once funds are awarded, our goal is to support scientists in the activation and management of the grant.
In order to submint a successful proposal, a competent and prepared investigator needs an original and creative idea and strong preliminary data supporting it. Crafting a well-developed proposal in response to the appropriate funding opportunity is the second step in the process, a step the Grants Office can significantly contribute to with its professional team.
The Grants Office team members have diverse backgrounds: some of us have extensive past experience in research labs, while others have a strong know-how in project management. We have both technical and administrative skills to appropriately complement the PIs scientific know-how in the submission process.
- Use of PIVOT to find opportunities that can be interesting for the scientific community
- Sharing of funding opportunities by e-mail and on the intranet page
- Customized support to find ad-hoc funding opportunities on-demand
- Eligibility check
- Administrative support (official authorization and signature)
- Check for compliance with funding agencies requests
- Proposal development support
- Support in preparing non-scientific sections
- Critical non-scientific review of applications
- Support in preparing the necessary documents for grant activation
- Check for compliance with funding agency requests
- Support in the writing of:
- Intermediate/final scientific reports
- Requests for research plan modification or extension
- Grant writing workshops:
- addressed to young researchers
- with ECM credits
- Ad-hoc seminars/workshops for specific funding opportunities
- Seminars on non-scientific aspects of proposal development