The radiation oncology unit mission is to contribute to the elimination of cancer by improving radiation therapy and optimizing the integration of radiotherapy into multidisciplinary approaches. Advances in the precision of radiation planning and delivery technology, and in the field of biomedical imaging are chaging the future of radiation oncology.
- Treosulfan and total-marrow irradiation (TMI) based conditioning with Rapamycin-based GvHD prophylaxis for allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with high-risk hematological malignancies.
- Salvage radiotherapy(RT) +/- whole pelvis irradiation after radical prostatectomy Phase III, randomized, prospective, multicentric trial
- Longitudinal evaluation of intestinal and hematological toxicity from pelvic RT for prostate cancer
- Urinary and Erectile Dysfunction after high-dose external-beam RT for clinically localized prostate cancer
- Hypofractionated TomoTherapy Treatment (HTT) in Prostate Cancer Lymph Nodal Relapse Detected by 11C-Choline PET/CT
- Clinical evaluation and Prognostic Value of pre-therapy 18 FDG PET-CT for the outcome of 18 FDG PET-guided SIB-IMRT in patients with locally advanced Head and Neck cancer
- Clinical evaluation of moderate Hypofractionated 18 FDG PET-guided IMRT in patients with locally advanced Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical evaluation of postoperative SIB-IMRT in surgical resected Head and Neck cancer patients.
- Clinical evaluation of moderate Hypofractionated IMRT in inoperable or recurrent Non Small Cell Lung cancer or metastatic pulmonary lesions
- Neoadjuvant Adaptive RT with Helical TomoTherapy and concomitant Chemotherapy for Rectal Adenocarcinoma
- Definition of predictive model regarding xerostomia in patients treated for head and neck cancer
- Evaluation of genetic profile in prostate cancer patients showing high grade of toxicity after TomoTherapy or IMRT
- Extreme Hypofractionated (EH)RT for the treatment of lung, liver,spine and pancreatic lesions
- Preoperative Ablative RT on cancerous nodule associated or not to hypofractionated EBRT to the entire gland in breast cancer
- EH RT in low risk and selected intermediate risk prostate cancer patients
Gandaglia G, Fossati N, Karnes RJ, Boorjian SA, Colicchia M, Bossi A, Seisen T, Cozzarini C, Di Muzio N, Noris Chiorda B, Zaffuto E, Wiegel T, Shariat SF, Goldner G, Joniau S, Battaglia A, Haustermans K, De Meerleer G, Fonteyne V, Ost P, Van Poppel H, Montorsi F, Briganti A. Use of Concomitant Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Patients Treated with Early Salvage Radiotherapy for Biochemical Recurrence After Radical Prostatectomy: Long-term Results from a Large, Multi-institutional Series. Eur Urol. 2017 Dec 8. S0302- 2838(17)31005-9.
Fodor A, Berardi G, Fiorino C, Picchio M, Busnardo E, Kirienko M, Incerti E, Dell'Oca I, Cozzarini C, Mangili P, Pasetti M, Calandrino R, Gianolli L, Di Muzio NG.Toxicity and efficacy of salvage 11C-Choline PET/CT-guided radiation therapy in patients with prostate cancer lymph nodal recurrence. BJU Int. 2017 Mar;119(3):406-413.
Picchio M., Incerti E., Di Muzio N. Role of PET/CT in radiotherapy treatment planning. Basic Science of PET Imaging Jan 2017(Book Chapter): 577-608 .
Mapelli P, Broggi S, Incerti E, Alongi P, Kirienko M, Fiorino C, Dell Oca I, Fallanca F, Vanoli EG, Di Muzio NG, Gianolli L, Picchio M. FDG-PET/CT predicts outcome in oropharingeal carcinoma patients undergoing intensity modulated radiation therapy with dose escalation to FDG- avid tumour volumes. Curr Radiopharm. 2017 Apr 13.
Di Muzio NG, Fodor A, Noris Chiorda B, Broggi S, Mangili P, Valdagni R, Dell'Oca I, Pasetti M, Deantoni CL, Chiara A, Berardi G, Briganti A, Calandrino R, Cozzarini C, Fiorino. Moderate Hypofractionation with Simultaneous Integrated Boost in Prostate Cancer: Long-term Results of a Phase I-II Study. C.Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2016 Mar, 28(8), pp. 490-500.
Cozzarini C, Chiorda BN, Sini C, Fiorino C, Briganti A, Montorsi F, Di Muzio N. Hematologic Toxicity in Patients Treated With Postprostatectomy Whole- Pelvis Irradiation With Different Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Techniques Is Not Negligible and Is Prolonged: Preliminary Results of a Longitudinal, Observational Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Jun 1;95(2):690-5.
Cozzarini C, Fiorino C, Deantoni C, Briganti A, Fodor A, La Macchia M, Noris Chiorda B, Rancoita PM, Suardi N, Zerbetto F, Calandrino R, Montorsi F, Di Muzio N. Higher-than-expected severe (Grade 3-4) late urinary toxicity after postprostatectomy hypofractionated radiotherapy: a single-institution analysis of 1176 patients. Eur Urol. 2014 Dec;66(6):1024-30.
Passoni P, Reni M, Cattaneo GM, Slim N, Cereda S, Balzano G, Castoldi R, Longobardi B, Bettinardi V, Gianolli L, Gusmini S, Staudacher C, Calandrino R, Di Muzio N. Hypofractionated image-guided IMRT in advanced pancreatic cancer with simultaneous integrated boost to infiltrated vessels concomitant with capecitabine: a phase I study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Dec 1;87(5):1000-6.
Passoni P, Fiorino C, Slim N, Ronzoni M, Ricci V, Di Palo S, De Nardi P, Orsenigo E, Tamburini A, De Cobelli F, Losio C, Iacovelli NA, Broggi S, Staudacher C, Calandrino R, Di Muzio N. Feasibility of an adaptive strategy in preoperative radiochemotherapy for rectal cancer with image-guided tomotherapy: boosting the dose to the shrinking tumor.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Sep 1;87(1):67-72.
Aureli M, Bassi R, Prinetti A, Chiricozzi E, Pappalardi B, Chigorno V, Di Muzio N, Loberto N, Sonnino S. Ionizing radiations increase the activity of the cell surface glycohydrolases and the plasma membrane ceramide content. Glycoconj J. 2012 May 17.