Junior Software Developer – COSR
IRCCS San Raffaele Scientific Institute in Milan, Italy, is looking for a senior web developer to join the CGP (Cohort Genomics Platform) team at COSR. The Center for Omics Sciences (COSR) produces original high-impact research in the fields of translational-omics and bioinformatics. Its goal is to enrich and enhance research occurring within other divisions and departments with these disciplines, as well as to foster novel collaborative projects across the Institute.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic junior web developer to join our team. You will be assisting with web system integration builds, implementing new design features, and working to ensure that the underlying structure of a client's website is correct. You will be taking direction from senior developers and assisting with all aspects of website and application design.
One of our aims is to make CGP the OSR research studies clinical data aggregator and to do that we need to carry on our already started integration process towards the many internal hospital data sources but also towards public databases. Even if the platform has been in production for several years, many aspects must still be developed, and the selected candidate will join the dev team mainly as an integration developer.
- Assisting the web development team with all aspects of website and application design;
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of backend and front-end applications;
- Collaborating with developers to implement new web features;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology and programming trends;
- Using user feedback to identify and correct problems.
- Basic understanding of web design and development principles;
- Good experienced with at least one server-side programming language;
- Flexibility in the workplace;
- Basic knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Basic understanding of Git;
- Enthusiastic, curious, rigorous and talented at problem solving;
- Good team player with startup, can-do, mindset.
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar field;
- Familiarity with Ruby;
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies;
- Specialized front-end and back-end profile candidates will also be considered.
What we offer:
Working in Clinical Research offers you the unique opportunity to make a difference in people's lives by joining one of the highest-rated IRCCSs in Italy, both in terms of scientific excellence and quality of care. Specifically, you will:
- enhance research activities by simplifying workflows and analysis;
- join the development team and will have the opportunity to improve your skills in a small and friendly context;
- work in an informal and flexible environment.
For more information, click here.