Research Lab Technician – Thoracic Surgery Unit
IRCCS San Raffaele Scientific Institute in Milan is looking for 1 Research Lab Technician to join the clinical research team led by Dr. Emanuela Fina and affiliated to the Thoracic Surgery Unit of IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele.
· management of the research lab spaces, equipment, instruments, and reagents;
· supervision of junior scientists, in collaboration with the principal investigator;
· processing, annotation and storage of clinical samples;
· storage and management of biological materials;
· design and/or execution of technical protocols for isolation of rare cells from blood samples;
· design and/or execution of general research lab protocols, e.g. cell culture, functional assays, biochemical assays, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence staining, image acquisition and analysis, manipulation of mouse models, DNA and RNA extraction/amplification and next generation sequencing, etc.;
· preparation of databases;
· assistance to the principal investigator’s project management activities.
Who we are looking for:
· bachelor of science degree and at least 1 year of experience as a lab technician, or master of science degree (courses: Medical Laboratory Technician, Biology, Biotechnology, Applied Biology, etc.);
· extensive knowledge and correct application of safe lab practices;
· basic knowledge of good clinical practices, data protection rules, animal care guidelines, and intellectual property rights;
· ability to independently set up, optimize and write technical protocols;
· good experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques;
· experience or willing to learn protocols for clinical sample analysis and animal experimentation;
· excellent management and organizational skills;
· correct use of calculation sheets and excellent analytical skills;
· ability to both lead the activities of a team and to work in team, based on project goals priorities;
· networking skills and aptitude to collaborative interaction with the institutional facilities, services and offices.
· Type of contract: fixed-term;
· Duration: 4 years;
· Place of work: IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy.
For more information click here